Please read ALL of these instructions.
Timing is VERY important. Please login promptly according to the schedule.
You WILL NOT be using Remote Desktop Connection.
NWEA Table of Contents
NWEA Introduction: Click Here
Testing Schedule: Click Here
NWEA Login and Testing Instructions Click Here
Branson students are required to take the NWEA MAP assessments three times each school year (Fall, Winter and Spring). This assessment is made up of three individual tests (math, reading and language usage). Students in grades 5, 8 and 11 also take the science test totaling 4 tests for students in those grades. NWEA test results provide important instructional information for teachers and help to document the academic growth of the students in our district. Please review the information below and linked on this page to prepare yourself and your student(s) for NWEA testing. Our Fall 2018 testing window will be September 10th-20th.
4 Important Items
- Please reference the Testing Schedule to determine when your student(s) are scheduled to take their NWEA assessments. Testing during your assigned testing time is essential, as the assessment coordinator will have to confirm each student when they log on to the system before they can begin testing. All students (grades 2-12) are scheduled to test during the first week of the testing window. The second week of the testing window is reserved for make-ups. Special arrangements for make-ups are not necessary. Students who need to participate in a make-up session will follow the same process they would if they were testing on the original test date. Please refer to the testing schedule for specific testing times, dates and make-up opportunities.
- Please have your student(s) complete the MAP test Warm-Up exercises located at the following link prior to their scheduled test day. This link will provide a 4 minute orientation video to watch as well as sample test questions to work through and the calculator tool to become familiar with. Being familiar with the testing format will help you and your student to have a successful testing experience on the scheduled test day. http://warmup.nwea.org/warmup_start_educators_map.html
- Complete instructions for testing are included below. The process will include 1) Opening up the testing site in Firefox and logging on with the session name and password (provided by your homeroom teacher) 3) Finding the appropriate student name (tests will be pre-assigned) 4) Completing the assessment.
- Always write down the RIT score that is displayed at the end of a test session. This helps in finding "lost" data that does not display correctly on the reports site for teachers.
If you cannot see the schedule on this page, you can download it by clicking here.
These steps are the same for Windows and Mac computers.
Step 1. Get your Test Session Name and Password ready.
- Our younger classes will have Test Session Names and Passwords emailed to them by their teachers.
- Our older classes can access their Test Session Names and Passwords by clicking on this Google Spreadsheet. Your info will only be available starting 10 minutes prior to your scheduled test time.
Step 2: Open your Internet Browser (Chrome or Firefox).
Step 3: Make sure Pop-Ups are allowed in Firefox. Click on this icon in the top right corner or Firefox, then Select "Options." Now click on "Content" on the left side of the screen. Make sure there is NO check mark next to "Block Pop-Ups." If there is a checkmark, click on it to remove it.
Step 4. Go to the testing site: https://test.mapnwea.org/
Step 5. Enter your Test Session Name and Password.
Step 6: Select your name from "Choose Your Name" list and click "Next". The test you will take should automatically show up.
Step 7: Confirm that the information is correct by clicking "Yes". If this appears incorrect, call tech support (719-946-5531).
Step 8: Wait for confirmation from the testing proctor. This screen will appear, and it will stay there for several minutes while the proctor is checking your information. Please be patient.
Step 9: Start the test. When everyone is checked in, the "Start Test" button will appear. Click the "Start Test" button to begin your test.
Step 10: Finishing the test. When you have completed the last question, the following screen will appear. Write down your overall score. Click the "Done" button.